We exist to help dogs – the dogs that do so much for our communities, law enforcement agencies and officers. City and County governments are constantly tightening budgets and must find ways to do more with less. To ensure our valuable K-9 units receive the funding they need to operate and grow, financial support from the public is needed. The AMSOIL Northland Law Enforcement K-9 Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization founded in 2013 to give private and corporate donors a way to support our local K-9 units.
AMSOIL, Inc., played a key role in starting and continuing the Foundation. AMSOIL founder Al Amatuzio loved dogs and took a personal interest in local law enforcement canine programs. He assisted in the purchase of several law enforcement K-9s over the years. It was Al’s vision to establish a Foundation that would provide a consistent funding source for purchasing and training these highly skilled dogs.
Our Board of Directors
- Robbin Champaigne, President, Hallmark Business Connections
- Deena Peterson, Secretary/Treasurer, AMSOIL INC.
- Jason Akerson, St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office
- Nicholas Alexander, Superior Police Department
- Jim Crace, Vice President, Hermantown Police Department
- Mark Gunderson, Hermantown Police Department
- Dana Kazel, St. Louis County
- Gerry Moe, Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
- Jessica Poskozim, Cathedral School
- Kris Witt, Douglas County Sheriff
- Mike Ceynowa, Duluth Police Department
- Nick Eastman, Superior Police Department